October 3, 2012

Why I la la love Eco-Tools Brush Set

Ask any makeup artist and they will probably tell you that to use your makeup to its best potential, you need to have quality brushes. Weak bristles will literally loose or flake the pigments off when you touch your skin.

So my trip to Sephora began. Even though the brushes there were SO soft and amazing, I had a hard time justifying paying an average of $18-45 per brush...or over $100 for a set that I knew I wouldn't completely use. Admit it, you know there's those one or two brushes in your set that you keep anyway just because you don't want it to feel lonely--useless, but lonely. I especially didn't want to pay a lot of money for brushes since I don't really wear makeup a lot of makeup everyday, if I wear makeup.

I ended up getting my brush set at Walmart. The brand is called EcoTools. I was originally drawn to them because I'm always looking for products that are sustainable, conscious of the environment and cruelty free but after I felt how soft they were, it was a sealed deal for me. So here's why I love this product:

  • It uses bamboo as the handle; which is a very sustainable wood. 
  • It uses recycled aluminum for the center connecter
  • The bristles are cruelty free and VERY VERY soft (very similar to the texture of the Sephora brushes)
  • The packaging they come in is a recyclable case that can be used to hold or store things like makeup products or other cosmetic tools.
  • Certain brush sets come with a hemp & cotton case
What's even cooler was that I recently read in a fashion magazine that a professional celebrity makeup artist was quoted on how this Ecotools line of brushes are the next best thing after pricey professional line brushes, when it comes to quality and durability.

The set I got is the 6-Piece Brush Set. I can't remember how much I purchased it for, but the retail price from their site is $12.99.....and I actually use ALL of the brushes! No lonely, useless brush here :) And my favorite part is that the brush holder has a zip pouch to store extras!






No comments:

Post a Comment